School Counseling Licensure

The master of education (M.Ed.) in human development counseling with a specialization in school counseling prepares students to become effective school counselors who are sensitive to the complexities of K-12 human development.

Licensure requirements vary from state to state. Most state licensing boards require a master’s degree, testing, and completion of post-master’s clinical hours. We encourage students to research the requirements for licensure specific to their state of residence. Resources for each state’s licensing board can be found below: