Admission to the Ed.D. program in leadership and learning in organizations depends upon several factors, including the overall quality of application materials, depth and relevance of leadership experience, and a record of academic and professional achievement. Applicants interested in applying to the Ed.D. in leadership and learning in organizations program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A master’s degree or 30 credit hours of graduate-level study from an accredited institution
- A superior scholastic record, normally above a 3.0 GPA
- Evidence of successful leadership experience
- A high level of verbal and quantitative ability. Evidence may include the GRE, GMAT, or other indicators of verbal and quantitative skill
- A Statement of Purpose that explains your reasons for wishing to undertake doctoral study at Peabody College, your professional goals, and any additional information that may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your application.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must also present the results of either the TOEFL or IELTS with the application, unless they have demonstrated competence while attending an American accredited institution
Applicants must submit the following items with their application:
Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted.Many schools issue transcripts electronically, either through their own web services or through vendors. If this option is available through the institutions you attended, please specify that your transcript(s) be sent to email@example.com as this will expedite the delivery of your transcript(s) and the completion of your application.
If you would like your transcripts to be sent by mail, please use the following address:
Ed.D. Application Processing Services
7900 Harkins Road
Lanham, MD 20706
A professional résumé is required. Your résumé should include all relevant professional and academic experiences and accomplishments.
Peabody requires at least three letters of recommendation. Letters should come from current or former employers who can comment on your professional contributions, and/or former instructors who can speak to your academic preparation for doctoral level work. Personal recommendations will not be accepted.
Applicants are strongly encouraged but not required to submit a GRE, GMAT, or other standardized test score. Applicants who do not submit GRE or GMAT scores must specifically highlight in the application other indicators of verbal and quantitative skill.
An official GRE score report must be sent directly from the testing agency. The GRE institutional code is 1871. There is no department code.
Applicants whose native language is not English must also present the results of either the TOEFL or IELTS with the application, unless they have demonstrated competence while attending an American accredited institution. Learn more about international admissions requirements.
If you need help with your application or if you have questions about application deadlines, please contact an admissions counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-338-4540.