Doctor of Education in Leadership and Learning in Organizations
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in leadership and learning in organizations is developed by faculty within the Peabody College department of leadership, policy and organizations. Designed for current and aspiring leaders, the curriculum bridges the divide between theory and practice so students develop relevant skills to lead organizational change.
Program at a Glance
- 54 credit hours of coursework *
- Can be completed in 3-4 years
- On-campus immersions
- Capstone project
* The full program is comprised of 54 credit hours in addition to 30 transfer credit hours from an accepted master's degree for a total of 84 credit hours.
Why Earn an Ed.D. in Leadership and Learning in Organizations?
Across industries, effective leaders provide the support and direction necessary to foster development, leverage resources, create solutions and resolve complex systemic challenges. Peabody’s online Ed.D. in leadership and learning in organizations is designed for professionals interested in driving systemic change.
Our students will strengthen their communication, management, inquiry and assessment skills and immediately apply what they learn in the program to the real world. Through a comprehensive curriculum, students will learn to use data analytics tools to lead organizational development while developing a unique perspective in learning and design.
The curriculum focuses on building competency in four areas:
- Organizational Development
- Learning and Design
- Data and Analytics
Students will develop and strengthen key skill areas:
- Lead organizational change and drive systemic improvement
- Understand different methods of inquiry and analysis
- Apply methods to organizational challenges
- Understand issues of practice from a variety of perspectives
- Understand how learning is shaped by systems and practice
- Consider context-specific individual and organizational learning
- Improve organizational practice and processes
- Develop data analytics skills to effect change
In addition to attending live online classes, students are required to attend immersion experiences on Vanderbilt University’s campus in Nashville, Tennessee each year. The three immersions are an opportunity for students to meet their peers and professors while participating in collaborative projects to develop critical leadership skills.