Financial Aid and Billing

The Office of Student Accounts

The Office of Student Accounts is the centralized billing and collection point for student accounts. The primary function of the Student Accounts office is to issue bills, receive payments, and provide information to help understand the aspects of the Vanderbilt account.

To better understand program tuition & fees, click here.

Billing Information

Invoices are created at the beginning of each month. All students are automatically enrolled for e-bills. You may access the e-bill from your YES landing page. Click on YES Billing Portal link.

Financial Aid Checklist

Follow these steps to apply for Federal student aid:

STEP 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Include Vanderbilt’s school code of 003535 to have your FAFSA information forwarded electronically to the Office of Student Financial Aid for review. Your Social Security number must be on file at Vanderbilt to obtain access to your FAFSA upon being admitted.

STEP 2: Once you are officially admitted and have submitted a FAFSA, you will be reviewed for a financial aid package. Your award notification will be sent to you via mail to the address listed on the admissions application.

STEP 3: Once you receive your award letter, alert the Office of Student Financial Aid of any loan amount changes by emailing

STEP 4: Complete entrance counseling, and electronically sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at You will need your FSA ID to login to the website. Entrance counseling and your MPN must be completed for funds to disburse to your Vanderbilt student account. Disbursements occur on your first day of class at the start of each semester.

STEP 5: Evaluate your need for additional funding such as the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, which is a credit-based loan. You can apply for the Graduate PLUS loan at External link and complete the separate MPN for that loan.

  • If you are denied the Grad PLUS Loan, you will receive an email advising you to reapply with a cosigner (endorser) or to appeal the denial through the US Department of Education.

For more information on: