Register for Classes
Registration Logistics and Policies
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Classes are held Monday through Thursday in the evenings. Students should be aware that courses will fall on these days; however, not every class will be offered every day. Students should not expect to be able to enroll in courses only on preferred days, and therefore should leave their schedules open until they have registered for all classes.
Everyone in this program is a working professional with scheduling considerations, and students are expected to make accommodations for class times. A request to be added to a section at maximum capacity will need to be approved by the professor and is only available when there are verifiable extenuating circumstances. Students are discouraged from taking classes back to back on the same day, as this can create scheduling challenges for other students who have limited options due to their time zones.
Class Sizes and Section Balancing
Class size is a function of enrollment and may vary from term to term and class to class. In the event that section enrollments need to be adjusted to make class loads more equitable, students may be asked to volunteer to switch course sections. If there are no volunteers, program leadership maintains the right to balance sections by registration date for the current term.
Adding or Dropping a Course
Students are able to add or drop a course in YES before the first week of classes. After the add/drop deadline, students who wish to add or drop a course must do so with their Student Success Advisor using a PDL Records Request Form. Requests for course changes via phone, mail, email, or in person will not be honored. If you have specific questions about the refund for a dropped course, please visit the Office of Student Accounts website. Be sure that you review the refund schedule for Peabody’s online graduate and professional programs.
Students will receive an email from Student Success before registration opens that outlines course schedules. Students use their activated VUnetID and e-password to log into YES and register for classes. If students experience issues with logging into YES, they should contact the University Registrar’s office at +1-615-322-7701.
Here are the instructions to register for classes:
Adding a Class to the Cart
- On the student landing page, click “Student Registration”
- Use the dropdown arrow to select the term
- Enter the subject area, course number, or title into the textbox and click “Search”
- To search using additional criteria click “Advanced”
- Once you click “Search,” the class information will appear
Enrolling from the Class Cart
- Confirm that you are within your registration window by clicking on the date in the “Enrollment Dates” section
- View the class(es) in your cart by clicking in the “In Cart” section as indicated above
- The class(es) in your cart will appear. If the class has variable hours, you can edit this information using the icon to the right of the class
- To register, click on the drop down arrow to the left of the class and select “Enroll”
- If registration is successful, you will receive a confirmation message on the bottom right corner. If registration is not successful, an error message will appear with the reason why.
**Students who enroll in online courses will be prompted to enter their Location of Learning. Students will receive an error message until this step is completed.
Once you are granted course access please be sure to review your course syllabus for further information on the required texts for each term. Articles and other readings will be available through 2VU or online. If you have questions please reach out to your course professor.